How safe is the party life and drinking?
From the moment we are born we constantly assess the potential risk of each situation. It doesn’t matter if your on the shores of Gili Trawangan or driving your car back home, there is always risk involved.
The Gili Islands is no different. There are people, horses, boats, bikes, and the ocean…
So please, enjoy your time here but keep yourself and your friends safe.
Here’s a few tips whilst partying your way around the Gili’s
- Always keep an eye on your drink and don’t leave it unattended.
- If you don’t know them, and you didn’t watch the drink being made, its safer to say no.
- We can’t tell you what to do, but if you are offered any drinks or drugs from strangers we recommend you say no as you don’t know whats in it or if its even legal.
- Stay with your friends, don’t walk home alone.
- If you start to feel unwell, seek medical help asap. There is a decent 24hr doctors at Villa Ombak.
- If required, seek help from Island Security located at the harbour.
- Everyone’s out to have a good time just like you, so respect the others around you and life it up on Gili!
- DO NOT BORROW SOMEONE ELSE’S BIKE!!
- Always keep your bike locked, ride carefully, watch out for horses and other people.